Handling of Personal Information
Shionogi Pharma Co., Ltd. (hereafter “the Company”), as a Shionogi group member, fully recognizes that personal information (including specific personal information) be handled with due care under the philosophy of respecting human rights, and lawfully and appropriately handles personal information in compliance with applicable laws and code of practice for personal information.
1. Acquisition of Personal Information
2. Use of Personal Information
The Company uses personal information it collects within the scope of the intended use specified. In case the need arises to use personal information outside the scope of the intended use, the Company will obtain the consent of the person concerned in advance. However, the Company will not use specific personal information outside the scope of the intended use even with the consent of the person obtained.
3. Provision of Personal Information
The Company will not provide personal information to any third parties without obtaining the consent of the person concerned. If the Company provides personal information to a third party, the Company will obtain the consent of the person concerned as required by law. However, the Company will not provide specific personal information to any third parties even with the consent of the person obtained, except as provided by law.
4. Control and Protection of Personal Information
The Company ensures strict management of personal data by taking appropriate security measures to protect personal data against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, falsification and/or divulgation.
5. Disclosure, Correction, and Suspension of Use of Personal Information
The Company will, upon request from the person concerned, disclose, correct and/or delete his or her personal data and/or information without delay after completing the procedure of verifying the person’s identity.
6. Continuous Improvement of System and Mechanism of Personal Information Protection Management
The Company will continuously improve the system and mechanism of managing the protection of personal information.
President Ryuichi Kume, Ph.D.
Handling of Personal Information
1. Disclosure of Retained Personal Data
The Company will, upon your request, disclose your personal data retained by it to a reasonable extent without delay after verifying your identity.
2. Correction, Deletion, etc. of Retained Personal Data
3. Suspension of Use and Erasure of Retained Personal Data
4. Inquiry of Personal Information
Complaints regarding the Company’s handling of personal information (retained personal data) subject to disclosure may be filed with the following:
Shionogi Pharma Co., Ltd.
Business Hours: 9:00 to 17:00 (except Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, and other designated holidays)
Intended Use of Personal Information
In case the need arises to use personal information outside the scope of the intended use, the Company will obtain the consent of the person concerned before use.
(1) Personal information of pharmacists and other medical professionals
- Collection and provision of information for proper use (quality, safety, efficacy, etc.) of drugs, quasi-drugs, and other products manufactured and marketed by the Company
- Collection and provision of healthcare and science information
- Communication in the event of an adverse effect, accident, recall, or other event
- Survey and research in the field of medicine and pharmacy
- Notification and reporting to public offices and agencies
(2) Personal information of general consumers
- Collection and provision of information for proper use of drugs, quasi-drugs, and other products manufactured and marketed by the Company
- Information analysis for planning of sales, advertising and other product marketing strategies
- Provision of information related to questionnaires, campaigns, and other programs planned by the Company, and provision of product information, etc.
(3) Personal information of applicants for employment
- Recruitment selection and result notification
- Execution of preemployment procedures
(4) Personal information of officers and employees (including retirees) and their families
- Proper implementation of employment management, welfare, and health and safety
- Communication with the enterprise unions, mutual aid associations, health insurance society, subsidiaries and affiliates, etc.
- Contact and inquiry to retirees
Shared Use of Personal Information
- (1) The Company shares personal data with Nihon Ultmarc Inc. in line with the intended use specified by the Company. Nihon Ultmarc Inc. is responsible for management of shared personal data. Please refer to Nihon Ultmarc’s website for the intended use, items, and scope of use of shared personal data.
- (2) The Company will share personal data under the following conditions:
|Items of shared personal data||Information of officers and employees (including part-time workers, temps and contractors) retained by the following group companies and organizations sharing information (ID No., name, sex, birth date, date of joining, affiliation, type of employment, job title, address, phone number, email address)|
|List of sharing users||Shionogi & Co., Ltd. and its subsidiaries inside and outside Japan, the Shionogi & Co. and Shionogi Pharma enterprise unions, the Shionogi Health Insurance Society, the Cell Science Research Foundation, and the Houansha Foundation|
|Purpose of sharing||Communication and information management between and among the sharing users above|
|Sharing manager||Shionogi & Co., Ltd.|
Intended Use of Specific Personal Information
The Company uses specific personal information it acquires only for the clerical work for the following:
- (1) Tax withholding
- (2) Preparation and submission of payment records
- (3) Notification and application of health and welfare pension insurances
- (4) Notification and application of employment insurance
- (5) Application for employment subsidies
- (6) Insurance claiming under the Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance Act