Business Continuity Plan（BCP）
Positioning of the BCP
Shionogi Pharma has formulated a Business Continuity Plan (BCP) to minimize damage in the event of business suspension in an emergency situation. Under the BCP, we aim to restore business as soon as possible, continue to supply patients with the medicines they need, and fulfil our social responsibility.
Meanwhile, in the event of a minor business interruption that is judged to have no impact on business continuity, we may not activate the BCP and resolve the situation only with disaster response actions.
Basic Policy of the BCP
Shionogi Pharma has established the following basic policy of the BCP based on the SHIONOGI Group Risk Management Policy and Shionogi Pharma’s mission.
- 1We place the highest priority on the life and safety of employees of Shionogi Pharma, their families, and other concerned parties when responding to risk.
- 2We prevent and contain damage to corporate assets or the corporate value.
- 3We ensure the trust of society and stakeholders as a company and fulfill social responsibility by continuing to research, produce, and promote products and services.
- 4We conduct activities that allow us to continue to be recognized as the most highly trusted, technological innovation-focused manufacturing company in the world.
BCP Structure and Management
- The BCP structure consists of the central task force and the task force at each site. When the BCP is activated at a site, the central task force is set up together with the task force at the relevant site to ensure collaboration at an early stage.
- Within each task force, teams in charge of specialized areas are formed to promptly address technical issues and strengthen manpower while sharing the workload and carrying out necessary tasks.
- We regularly conduct BCP education, training, and audits to strengthen our responsiveness while taking measures and making improvements based on the audit results.
- Regarding the BCP, the ERM* Committee, which consists of the President and CEO and other members of management, auditors, and other staff, discusses emergency measures in advance and determines the BCP response.
Critical operations at the time of BCP activation
- Shionogi Pharma will strive for the best and fastest recovery in order to fulfill its supply responsibility as a "technological innovation-focused manufacturing company."
- Shionogi Pharma stipulates that critical operations are those that continue to be performed even in the event of an emergency or that need to be restored with the highest priority. A system that can immediately mobilize company-wide resources is established for the critical operations.
- In addition to discussing and coordinating in advance with customers how to respond to emergencies, a contact network is also developing.
We have formulated the BCP with the assumption that the following critical events will occur due to a large-scale disaster, the spread of a serious infectious disease, explosion, fire, and other accidents, causing difficulty in continuing business.
- Suspension of lifelines (electricity, gas, water supply and sewerage, public transportation)
- Shutdown of buildings, facilities, and equipment for production
- Suspension of work for our employees and employees of affiliated companies who are engaged in business activities at the relevant site
- Information infrastructure outage
- Supply chain outage
Securing Means of Communication
We are working to enhance our means of communication so that we can first confirm the safety of our employees and easily and smoothly collect necessary information in the event of an emergency.
- We ask all employees to carry a smartphone with them, which can be used as a telephone and intranet, to ensure multiple information access routes, thereby enabling communication and business collaboration in various ways, such as web conferences and chats.
- The introduction of a safety confirmation system and regular training enables us to confirm the safety of employees (including their families) both inside and outside the company. This also allows us to quickly shift to emergency mode without causing confusion even in the event of an emergency.
- We ask all employees to always carry an emergency contact card with them, on which a list of the contact information of offices available 24 hours a day and information necessary for the use of the safety confirmation system are clearly indicated, so that they can use it smoothly without confusion in the event of an emergency.
- We have installed an MCA radio system that connects each site of the SHIONOGI Group, and conduct reporting drills during comprehensive and individual disaster drills held on a regular basis.
As of June 2023